Thursday, June 2, 2016

I guess we should start somewhere.

After an unknown problem after an unorthodox attempt at removing the Android Studio from my /home folder, my iBus stopped working. So I thought to myself, what the hell, fresh install is always a good thing to do (which is false, but I'm going to keep myself that - if you disagree you can go suck a puck) and reinstalled my Leap 42.1 OS.

To avoid making the same mistake, did a better partitioning this time, leaving 50GB for / and 50 for /home. I now have all the space I want, so I installed Android SDK tools on /home. It took 20GB. I also installed NetBeans IDE and started playing with it. So far I still couldn't make an android program that works, even a Hello World, but I think I would be able soon.

The GUI designer in NetBeans is quite practical. I used Qt for the last month during my practice in the Uni, and got fond of its designer. However, it has a retarded license, with which you have to pay 3000 or so Euro if you want to develop a closed source program, and it sucks. Because I haven't even seen 3000 Euro in my life.

So I switched to NetBeans. And to make sure, I looked up in the NetBeans wiki, and it states:

Can I use NetBeans to create a commercial application?

Yes, you can use NetBeans to create commercial applications and sell them.
There are no license costs for any kind of usage of NetBeans.
  • You can use the NetBeans IDE to create applications and sell them without any charges.
  • You can build applications on top of the NetBeans Platform and sell them without any charges.
  • You are not required to open-source your own code (but you can).
I'm so happy.

So, where was I? The GUI designer. Had a little fun yesterday making some dumb program calculating some basic shit, with shiny buttons and marvelous text fields. I guess that's a good start. Many was here before. Many will be here again. And as King Solomon said, there is nothing new under the sun.

I installed iBus afterwards and thank God it worked. Now I can write fancy cuck languages now. Wie schön daß man so was sagen darf. But my main goal remains to write to my dear friends and family who cannot afford to write in tiếng Anh. And this blog will have nothing more to do with iBus. I hope.

So happy first post and hello world!

No comments:

Post a Comment